Bookmark memory lane
January 20, 2020
There’s a bookmark folder in Safari across all of my devices titled “HTML/CSS”. I don’t use bookmarks that much, but I did when I was first getting interested in web development. I’ve gone back to Safari on all of my devices lately, mostly to use handoff and have consistent sharing options, and I thought it was time to take a look at those bookmarks and see what was worth keeping.
- Scout - Compass and Sass without all the hassle
- Masonry. From when everyone wanted to look like Pinterest.
- Color wheel, a color palette generator | Adobe Color. It was definitely called Adobe Kuler when I bookmarked it.
- http://www.danshort.com/HTMLentities/index.php?w=greek 403’d
Grid is a great learning tool but no longer supported.
- How Big Is Space – Interactive version. Seems to load a background image but the page no longer appears functional.
- Foundation for Emails 2 Docs
- Conditional Media Query Mixins | CSS-Tricks
- Home - Pencil Project. I not only never used this, I don’t even remember it.
Oct 19, 2019 Pencil 3.1.0 is released
- Sketch App Sources - Free design resources and plugins - Icons, UI Kits, Wireframes, iOS, Android Templates for Sketch. I’ve never used Sketch in anything but read-only mode.
- 8 Essential Design Tools for Front-end Web Developers. Oh yes, so essential.
- Web Platform Daily. Now Web Platform News I guess.
- Alerts · Bootstrap. No one wants to make their own alerts, right?
- Fontello - icon fonts generator. Icon fonts, a simpler time. No wait, they were a PITA to make.
- Ceaser - CSS Easing Animation Tool - Matthew Lein. This is still a good tool!
- Hover Effect Ideas | Set 1. I was really into these for a long time.
- Beautiful Free Images & Pictures | Unsplash. I think when I bookmarked Unsplash I assumed it was going to be a great resource until they got hosed by bandwidth fees but boy was I wrong there.
- Beautiful web type — the best typefaces from the Google web fonts directory. I don’t think this has been updated with newer fonts but these are nice examples.
- Using UnCSS and grunt-uncss with WordPress – Liam Gladdy. This is so specific and I don’t remember using any of it.
Alan Trotter dot com, for all your Alan Trotter needs. Dunno why I bookmarked it but I do like it!
http://christopheviau.com/d3list/. Still haven’t used D3 for anything.
- CSS Shapes Editor - Chrome Web Store. Still haven’t used CSS shapes for anything.
- https://heydonworks.com/practical_aria_examples/#hamburger 404’d.