Franklin Park Zoo
We had plans to visit friends in Dorchester today, and earlier in the week I thought “well what else can we do if we have to drive to Dorchester”, then realized the Franklin Park Zoo was nearby, and the weather looked nice, and it was “Princess & Pirates” day so why not.
We went to the zoo in 2020 but not to see the animals, to see the Zoo Lights. I’d never actually been there to see the animals. On a scale of 1-10 I’d give the zoo a solid 7. Going during Zoo Lights but not at night means the park is more decorated, and given that its past Labor day there wasn’t much of a crowd, although a few animals were away. I assume in Florida.
- The “open air” exhibits were the big hits, like the rooms where the birds could fly around or the butterfly house.
- Lorelei: “ocelots in real life are cuter than in Minecraft”.
- I’ve always kind of thought of tapirs as being about the size of a dog about apparently some are 600 pounds.
- We spent a little over 3 hours there, which included eventually getting food because we had planned on being there more like 2 - 2.5 hours.
- look at this absolute Chad.
- Driving to a point in Boston has gotten so much more annoying in the last 10 years that it might have been easier to drive to the zoo in Providence had we not already had a reason to be in Dorchester.
Posted: September 2022