This is an infrequently updated (last: December 2nd, 2020) list of tools I use / apps I like. I currently exist in an entirely Apple/iOS/Mac world so it’s irrelevant to Windows / Linux users for now.
Apps I would recommend to anyone:
Apps I use as a developer:
- iTerm 2 as a replacement for the default Terminal.
- Visual Studio Code with:
- Homebrew to install things on MacOS without borking the entire system.
- Alfred for a bunch of weird little tasks, mostly text snippets but also launching apps in a particular state or running small scripts / automations. With MacOS 12 getting the iOS shortcuts, however, I’ve migrated some of these tasks there.
- Rectangle for managing windows.
I’m currently working on projects built with:
- Create React app put into a larger page layout using single-spa.
- Next JS deployed to Netlify.
- Gatsby deployed to Netlify with Storyblok and Simplecast integrations.
Previously worked on:
- Two Vue SPAs on top of a .NET backend with a Contentful integration.
Changes, updates, revisions
January 1, 2022
- Replaced Magnet with Rectangle. Added Tweetbot. Added the stack I’m currently working with.
December 2nd, 2020